06 May 2014

Just A Quick Thought

All of you out there changing diapers, folding strollers, signing report cards, cheering at soccer games: a day will come when that child you taught to read - maybe even struggled to teach to read, as I did - will recommend books to you. And you will read them and be moved not only by the quality of her choices, but by the wisdom and inevitability of the cycles of life. You will think it ironic that you have suddenly become the student, but then you will pause and realize that you always were.





I've added a link to my Goodreads account on the right sidebar. Feel free to send me a friend request on Goodreads so that you can see my reviews (most of which are very brief) and keep up with what I've been reading lately. As always, I appreciate your purchasing your reading material (and other needs) through the links I put here on the blog. I get a small referral fee when you do, and that helps me buy food and yarn and books and other necessary stuff.

No comments: