31 May 2011

Memorial

Just a quick post to let you all know I am still here.  I haven't written in over a week - not because I don't love you all, but because so much has been going on.

First of all, we had a confirmation last Sunday.



(Necklace from The Vintage Pearl.)  I tried to keep it small - family and godparents only - but it was still a pretty big production.  Actually, everything is a pretty big production for me these days.  But seeing my second daughter become a card-carrying adult Episcopalian was worth it.

Second, I am taking a writing class with Christina Katz, the Writer Mama.  Pretty much the first thing I did was flub an assignment, so now I am completely behind.  I am, however, getting a fair amount out of the class, and I'll share more about that when I have more time.  In the meantime, though, you should check out her blog.  (Links above and to the right.)  If you want to write professionally, her books are wonderful resources.

Spring has arrived in northern New Jersey.  Actually, we seem to have skipped spring and gone straight to summer.  That's okay, though, because there's a rose-grower in my family who is quite happy with the hot days and mild nights and their effect on his garden.


(The garden hose isn't all that photogenic, I know, but I'm a writer, not an organizer or a photographer.)

We've been to a couple of Yankee games.  (I haven't posted a lot of pictures of myself, so in case you are wondering what I look like, that's me on the lower right.)


And finally, we spent this past weekend in somber contemplation of the memory of those who gave their lives for our freedom.  Okay, maybe not the entire weekend.  In between moments of somber contemplation, we had a little fun in Grandma and Grandpa's pool.


Wishing you alternating hours of somber contemplation and fun, roses and pools, ball games, writing assignments, and coming-of-age ceremonies.  I'll be back soon.  Thanks for being patient with me.

Jennie

No comments: