04 January 2011

A Funny Work-Related Story

My husband is a criminal defense lawyer, and he occasionally handles some high-profile cases.  He is assisted, in the operations of his office, by a spectacular secretary/paralegal named Icelsa.

Recently, Icelsa has been getting repeated calls from a television reporter who would like to interview Sam about a case that concluded late last year.  Icelsa gives the messages to Sam, but Sam is busy and just hasn't had the time to return the calls.  "I'm not avoiding him," he tells me.  "It's just that I have so many other things to do."

Yesterday, Mr. Reporter called Icelsa and told her that if Sam would agree to an interview, Icelsa would be the recipient of a beautiful gift bag of gourmet coffee.

Sam called him back right away.  "Let's just be clear," he told the reporter.  "I'm an officer of the court, and I am completely unbribeable.  My secretary, however, is eminently bribeable.  If I do an interview with you, Icelsa is going to get some really nice coffee, right?"

Do you receive work-related holiday gifts?  If so, what are your favorites?

No comments: